Do you have a habit of grinding your teeth at night? If so, come see Dr. Jasmeet Punia for a night guard here at 360 Dental of Mill Creek. A night guard is a custom-made oral appliance designed to protect your teeth and jaws from the damaging effects of teeth grinding and clenching, also known as bruxism. It is typically worn during sleep to create a protective barrier between the upper and lower teeth, preventing them from coming into direct contact.
Why Would I Need a Night Guard?
Night guards are recommended for individuals who suffer from bruxism, which can lead to various dental problems. If you frequently grind or clench your teeth during sleep, a night guard can help alleviate the associated symptoms, such as jaw pain, headaches, tooth sensitivity and worn-down teeth. It serves as a cushioning device, absorbing the excessive forces and reducing the potential damage caused by bruxism.
The Process of Getting a Night Guard
The process of obtaining a night guard involves a few simple steps. First, our dentist will perform a comprehensive examination to determine if a night guard is the appropriate solution for you. If it is, impressions or digital scans of your teeth will be taken to create a custom-fit night guard. This ensures maximum comfort and effectiveness. Once your night guard is ready, we will provide instructions on how to properly wear and maintain it.
Benefits of Night Guards
The benefits of night guards include:
- Protection against teeth grinding and clenching: Night guards act as a barrier, protecting your teeth from excessive wear, fractures and other dental issues associated with bruxism.
- Pain relief: By cushioning the forces of grinding and clenching, night guards can alleviate jaw pain, headaches and facial muscle discomfort.
- Preventive measure: Night guards help prevent potential dental problems caused by bruxism, saving you from costly and invasive dental treatments in the future.
- Improved sleep quality: By reducing teeth grinding and clenching, night guards can contribute to better sleep patterns and quality of sleep.
- Long-term oral health preservation: Night guards protect your teeth from damage, preserving their natural structure and reducing the risk of tooth loss.
Protect Your Smile Today!
If you suffer from bruxism or suspect that you may grind or clench your teeth during sleep, consider a night guard as a proactive solution. Contact us today at 425-999-8159 to schedule a consultation and explore the benefits of custom-fitted night guards in Mill Creek, Washington. Our experienced dental team is dedicated to providing personalized care and helping you achieve optimal oral health and wellbeing.